Student Instructor – Course Outline (750 Hours)
CIP Code – 12.0413
- A. Instruction and Theory and Lab/Clinic Operation (350 Hours)
- B. Teaching and Lab/Clinic Management (350 Hours)
- C. Orientation, Rules and Laws (50 Hours)
Application Fee $100
Total Cost $10,500
Cost of attendance amounts are estimates only and are used in determining financial aid. The school does not charge students for cost of attendance items. For actual cost of attendance amounts, please schedule an appointment with a financial aid administrator.
Room & Board $403 (Dependent) $1044 (Independent)
Misc/Personal $299 (Dependent) $561 (Independent)
1. Be at least 18 years of age;
2. Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate;
3. Hold a current Texas Operator’s license.
To be eligible for an instructor license, esthetics instructor specialty license or manicure instructor specialty license, an applicant must:
1. Submit a completed license application on a department-approved form;
2. Pay the applicable license fee under §83.80;
3. Be at least 18 years of age;
4. Have obtained a high school diploma or the equivalent of a high school diploma;
5. Hold a current license and have completed a course consisting of 750 hours of instruction in methods of teaching in a licensed private beauty culture school; and
6. Pass a written and practical examination required under §83.21.
Types of Employment
All careers listed in other courses
For more information information on occupational profiles related to this course, please visit the O*NET website at
For full disclosures about this and any other program, please visit our consumer/rate disclosures page.
Student Instructor Course Schedule
Day; Tuesday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM (as available)
Night; Monday through Thursday from 4:00 PM to 10:00 PM (as available)